Local Authorities are required to identify and allocate sites for gypsies, travellers and travelling showpeople accommodation to provide for local need as part of their development plans.
The first stage is to identify as many sites as possible that could be suitable for development for gypsy, traveller or travelling showperson accommodation, and then to assess their potential. As part of this process a ‘call for sites’ was undertaken and submissions were invited for consideration of any site that could have potential within the local authorities of Gloucester, Cheltenham and Tewkesbury.
In response to the 'call for sites' the following sites have been submitted for conisderation:
- 'Showlands', Evesham Road, Gotherington.
- Paddock adjoining Bus Cottage, Sandhurst Lane, Gloucester.
- Land adjacent to Jolly Wakeman Cottage, Sandhurst Lane, Gloucester.
- Land at Claydon, Claydon Lane, Fiddington.
- Lock's Paddock, Tewkesbury Road, Norton, Gloucestershire.
- Land at Kayte Lane, Southam.
- Land at Cursey Lane, Elmstone Hardwicke.
- 40 Sims Lane, Quedgeley, Gloucester.
- Land at Starcroft Lane, Minsterworth.
- Former Town Ham allotment site, Gloucester.
- Port Ham sidings, Gloucester.
- Land at Hempsted Meadows, Gloucester.
- Land adjacent to Hempsted Recycling Centre.
- Land adjacent to Hempsted Swing Bridge.
In addition to the above, work in continuing to identify additional sites for assessment with criteria to be agreed with a selected panel.
Please note the purpose of the study was to assess the potential of sites for development as a gypsy, traveller or travelling showperson site. It is a technical piece of evidence and submitting a site for consideration did not guarantee it would be found suitable or that it would be allocated as part of the emerging development plan.
The ‘call for sites’ lasted for six weeks between Monday 6th September and Monday 18th October 2010, and to submit a site for consideration the standard site information proforma was required to be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
- Call for sites - Site proforma