The three authorities of Gloucester City, Cheltenham Borough and Tewkesbury Borough have commissioned consultants to undertake a Retail Study to to inform the emerging Joint Core Strategy. The study is being undertaken in two phases.
The objectives of Phase 1 of the study are as follows:
- To provide a health check analysis of the main centres in the JCS area;
- To estimate the quantitative capacity for additional retail floorspace over the period to 2031 for convenience and comparison (bulky/non-bulky) goods;
- To assess the qualitative needs of the JCS area;
- To assess the role and function of existing centres;
- To identify a potential supply of sites for retail use;
- To provide development management policy recommendations; and
- To provide a retail monitoring baseline.
The report and associated materials can be downloaded by clicking on the relevant link below:
- JCS retail study, phase 1 - main report (pdf, 576 KB)
- JCS retail study, phase 1 - NPPF addendum (pdf, 89 KB)
- Appendices contents (pdf, 7 KB)
- Appendix A - Health check assessments of JCS survey centres (pdf, 278 KB)
- Appendix B - Goad town centre reports (pdf, 576 KB)
- Appendix C - Study areas and survey zones (pdf, 1 MB)
- Appendix D - Capacity assessment (pdf, 324 KB)
- Appendix E - NEMS household survey (pdf, 266 KB)
- Appendix F - Health check monitoring template (pdf, 16 KB)
If you have any questions please contact the JCS Team.