Gloucester City Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Tewkesbury Borough Council commissioned consultants to prepare a Hotel Capacity Study to inform the Joint Core Strategy.
The primary aim of the study was to provide evidence on the need for serviced hotel provision in the JCS area over two time periods; the short to medium term to 2016, and the longer term to 2026.
The Study covers serviced accommodation only and it's principal objectives was to:
- Provide an up-to-date assessment of services hotel provision and future demand;
- Benchmark the JCS area in comparison to other principal urban areas across the South West and West Midlands in terms of serviced accommodation;
- Prepare an evidence base to assist with the determination of speculative planning applications for hotel accommodation;
- Provide guidance to deal with pre-application enquiries;
- To consider the need for an appropriate policy framework for specific land allocations within the JCS area;
- To provide guidance on the suitable re-use of hotel stock that ceases to trade.
To download the report, click on the link below:
- JCS hotel capacity study - summary document
- JCS hotel capacity study - main report
If you have any questions please contact the JCS team.