Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
- The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 council have a statutory obligation to consult the public on Local Plans.
- The contact information we collect from you is kept on a local plan consultation database so that we can contact you when we consult on future iterations of the plan making document.
What information do we collect about you?
- Contact information.
- Your response to the Joint Core Strategy consultation.
Who do we share the information with?
- The information that you provide can be separated into two types of the information that which relates to your personal information that which relates to the response that you are giving. The information that you provide can be separated into two types of data a) personal date b) data that relates to your response.
- Responses to consultations are required to inform future stages of plan making and ultimately become evidence for public examination of plans. These will be shared on the council’s website.
- Your personal information will not be shared outside of the council and we will use this information to contact you regarding your Joint Core Strategy consultation response. Any published responses will be redacted to exclude your personal information.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
The information is stored on servers based in the UK.
How long do we keep your information?
Information is kept in line with the retention schedule (xlsx, 12 KB).
- Consultation responses are retained for the length of the plan making process for the particular plan that was responded to.
- Responses will be removed upon adoption of the plan and following the clearance of any legal challenge periods.
- Contact details on the Joint Core Strategy consultation database will be retained indefinitely or unless we are requested to remove them by the consultee.
Who do we collect information from?
We collect the information from members of the public, statutory bodies and those in the development industry who wish to respond to the Joint Core Strategy consultation.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
If we do not collect this information the council is going against its statutory planning obligation to consult on local plans as set out in The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
No automated decisions are made about you.
Last updated: 01 March 2018